cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Dag Sonstebo <Dag.Sonst...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Re: Secondary Storage VM overloaded
Date Fri, 01 Apr 2016 10:19:05 GMT
Hi Christian,

I think to find the actual usage figures over time you would have to monitor the sessions
locally on the SSVM, I can't see anything in the API to query this.

One way to determine this is to lower the secstorage.sessions.max figure and monitor how often
a second SSVM is spawned. Also keep in mind you could increase the service offering for system
VMs to increase the capacity the SSVM can handle, this could negate the requirement for multiple
SSVM instances.

Dag Sonstebo
Cloud Architect
ShapeBlue

On 01/04/2016, 10:10, "christian.kirmse@zv.fraunhofer.de" <christian.kirmse@zv.fraunhofer.de>
wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I have a question regarding the scalability of the ssvm.
>As I understood cloudstack is able to scale out the ssvm, so that a new one is created
when the load is to high.
>To achieve this we have to edit the two global settings secstorage.capacity.standby and
secstorage.session.max, but we have no idea what values are rational.

>Is there a way to see the current values, so that we can derive the new value which we
want to use?
>I mean if the current ssvm needs just 10 sessions to be overloaded and we set the secstorage.session.max
to 20, cloudstack will never spawn a new ssvm.

>Kind Regards
>Christian

Regards,

DagĀ Sonstebo