cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Glenn Wagner <glenn.wag...@shapeblue.com>
Subject RE: Adding a new CloudStack management server
Date Sun, 03 Apr 2016 21:39:19 GMT

2nd Floor, Oudehuis Centre, 122 Main Rd, Somerset West, Cape Town  7130South Africa
@shapeblue

-----Original Message-----
From: Indra Pramana [mailto:indra@sg.or.id]
Sent: Sunday, 03 April 2016 2:49 PM
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Adding a new CloudStack management server

Dear all,

We are running CloudStack 4.2.0 and all this while we are running on just one management server.
We intend to add another new management server for redundancy. These are parts of the documentation
touching on how to add another new management server:

http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/projects/cloudstack-installation/en/4.8/management-server/#additional-management-servers
http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/en/latest/administration_guide.html?highlight=management%20server%20load#management-server-load-balancing

- Can I confirm that for multiple management servers, a load balancing server or device is
compulsory? Can multiple management servers still work without load balancing and still achieve
HA?
- What do people normally use to setup the load balancing for the management servers? Is a
server running haproxy sufficient?
- Once the second management server and the load balancer has been setup, I believe we would
need to change the management IP to the VIP (virtual IP) of the load balancer, what are the
things that need to be changed?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Looking forward to your reply, thank you.

Cheers.

-ip-