cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From <christian.kir...@zv.fraunhofer.de>
Subject Re: Secondary Storage VM overloaded
Date Mon, 04 Apr 2016 07:33:04 GMT
Hi Glenn,

ok, thanks for the information.
So this means we are talking about network sessions, good to know.

Tanks for your help.

Kind regards
Christian

> On 04 Apr 2016, at 09:25, Glenn Wagner <glenn.wagner@shapeblue.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> To find out how many sessions are connected to the SSVM you can run
>
> netstat -anp | grep ESTABLISHED
>
> Thanks
> Glenn
>

> Regards,
>
> Glenn Wagner
>
> glenn.wagner@shapeblue.com
> www.shapeblue.com
> 2nd Floor, Oudehuis Centre, 122 Main Rd, Somerset West, Cape Town  7130South Africa
> @shapeblue

sessions locally on the SSVM, I can't see anything in the API to query this.

>> One way to determine this is to lower the secstorage.sessions.max figure and monitor
how often a second SSVM is spawned. Also keep in mind you could increase the service offering
for system VMs to increase the capacity the SSVM can handle, this could negate the requirement
for multiple SSVM instances.

>> Dag Sonstebo
>> Cloud Architect
>> ShapeBlue
>>

>> On 01/04/2016, 10:10, "christian.kirmse@zv.fraunhofer.de" <christian.kirmse@zv.fraunhofer.de>
wrote:

>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I have a question regarding the scalability of the ssvm.
>>> As I understood cloudstack is able to scale out the ssvm, so that a new one is
created when the load is to high.
>>> To achieve this we have to edit the two global settings secstorage.capacity.standby
and secstorage.session.max, but we have no idea what values are rational.

>>> Is there a way to see the current values, so that we can derive the new value
which we want to use?
>>> I mean if the current ssvm needs just 10 sessions to be overloaded and we set
the secstorage.session.max to 20, cloudstack will never spawn a new ssvm.