cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From ilya <ilya.mailing.li...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: High importance Suggest backup tool
Date Mon, 18 Apr 2016 16:38:17 GMT
I think Rafael means you probably have enterprise grade storage like
Netapp and EMC on the backend.

In that case, just enable the snapshotting of the filesystem. The
snapshot can be mounted as separate directory - or in case of netapp,
you will have .snapshot directory within you main tree structure.

How long do you plan to retain the backups?

If its shortlived, storage level snapshot backups - should be enough. If
its long lived, you may have to move it off another place for long term
storage - be it tape - or disk.

Regards
ilya