cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From <christian.kir...@zv.fraunhofer.de>
Subject Re: Secondary Storage VM overloaded
Date Mon, 04 Apr 2016 07:21:20 GMT
Hi Dag,

thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately we actually don’t have a clue what kind of sessions are meant.
Do we need to monitor ssh sessions, linux processes or some kind of java sessions?

Do you have any idea where we can start?

Kind Regards
Christian

> On 01 Apr 2016, at 12:19, Dag Sonstebo <Dag.Sonstebo@shapeblue.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Christian,
>
> I think to find the actual usage figures over time you would have to monitor the sessions
locally on the SSVM, I can't see anything in the API to query this.

> One way to determine this is to lower the secstorage.sessions.max figure and monitor
how often a second SSVM is spawned. Also keep in mind you could increase the service offering
for system VMs to increase the capacity the SSVM can handle, this could negate the requirement
for multiple SSVM instances.

> Dag Sonstebo
> Cloud Architect
> ShapeBlue
>

> On 01/04/2016, 10:10, "christian.kirmse@zv.fraunhofer.de" <christian.kirmse@zv.fraunhofer.de>
wrote:

>> Hi all,
>>
>> I have a question regarding the scalability of the ssvm.
>> As I understood cloudstack is able to scale out the ssvm, so that a new one is created
when the load is to high.
>> To achieve this we have to edit the two global settings secstorage.capacity.standby
and secstorage.session.max, but we have no idea what values are rational.

>> Is there a way to see the current values, so that we can derive the new value which
we want to use?
>> I mean if the current ssvm needs just 10 sessions to be overloaded and we set the
secstorage.session.max to 20, cloudstack will never spawn a new ssvm.