cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From S. Brüseke - proIO GmbH <s.brues...@proio.com>
Subject AW: Storage decommissioning
Date Wed, 23 Mar 2016 08:15:42 GMT
Hi Alessandro,

moving ROOT and DATA volumes should be no problem and can be done via webinterface. Some hypervisor
can do this even without downtime. What hypervisor do you use?

Moving your secondary storage is difficult, because there is now automation as far as I know.
But we are not using the latest version of CS.
Can you move the IP of secondary storage to the new storage? If so the I would do:

1. rsync all files
2. stop management service
3. wait and be sure all task of CS are finished
4. do one more rsync
5. shutdown old storage
6. configure same IP on new storage
7. start Management service

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / With kind regards,

Swen

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Alessandro Caviglione [mailto:c.alessandro@gmail.com]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 22. März 2016 23:30
An: users@cloudstack.apache.org
Betreff: Storage decommissioning

Hi guys,
I'm writing just to ask for advice...
We're decommissionig our storage and we need to move all the VMs from old storage to this
new one.
In CS we've defined a new primary storage and I think we've to migrate all ROOT and DATA disks
from old PRIMARY to the new PRIMARY, this should be done without interruption of the service.
The new storage will host also SECONDARY storage, so we need to move also Template, Snapshots
and other things.
How can we do it?

Thank you!!

- proIO GmbH -
Geschäftsführer: Swen Brüseke
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Frankfurt am Main

USt-IdNr. DE 267 075 918
Registergericht: Frankfurt am Main - HRB 86239

Wenn Sie nicht der richtige Adressat sind oder diese E-Mail irrtümlich erhalten haben,
Das unerlaubte Kopieren sowie die unbefugte Weitergabe dieser Mail sind nicht gestattet.

If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify

the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail.
Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly
forbidden.