cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From <cloudstackh...@outlook.com>
Subject RE: No public network on zone
Date Mon, 07 Mar 2016 13:37:40 GMT

Hi all,

I've played around more with the system. Am I correct to say that the following setup would
not be possible?

1. Advanced group with security group isolation

2. Two separate NICs as Guest networks but only one with a public routable subnet

The only way would be to bond the dual NICs, trunk both subnets and hope that either network
doesn't overload the interface?

I tried setting up a fresh zone with two physical NICs tagged as Guest traffic and it throws
the error "failed to create a guest network for basic zone. Error: More than one physical
networks exist in zone id=11 and no tags are specified in order to make a choice". The problem
is I selected the Advanced zone. Is there something wrong with the UI?

For the record, this is what I am trying to achieve:

1. System VMs that are able to take on both public and private IPs

2. Bandwidth throttling/limiting/control for public network but none for guest network

3. Users can control guest traffic isolation by putting up security group isolations instead
of starting separate guest VLANs as my switch can only trunk VLANs individually instead of
by block

4. Ability to create an entire private network fronted by a single public IP for VPN purposes
to extend a physical network

Help is greatly appreciated. I feel like I am almost getting what I require.

Thanks

Josh

On Mon, Mar 7, 2016 at 12:08 AM -0800, <cloudstackhelp@outlook.com> wrote:

Hi Sanjeev

How does this traffic reach the VMs without a public network? How do I assign public IPs to
the VMs without being able to add them in the guest network form if I can't select the NIC
they should be routed via?

Thanks

On Mon, Mar 7, 2016 at 12:04 AM -0800, "Sanjeev Neelarapu" <sanjeev.neelarapu@accelerite.com>