cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Shweta Agarwal <shweta.agarw...@accelerite.com>
Subject Re: Solaris 11.3 can not be installed
Date Wed, 30 Mar 2016 04:58:05 GMT
Hi Stavros,

Solaris 10 (or any version of Solaris for that matter) isn't a supported guest in XenServer
6.5. Earlier versions appear to have supported it but not 6.x.

There is an old discussion on the https://discussions.citrix.com/topic/312251-solaris-10-installation-to-xenserver-602/

May be that can be of some help to you.

 .

Thanks
Shweta

From: Stavros Konstantaras <s.konstantaras@uva.nl>
Sent: Tuesday, March 29, 2016 5:54 PM
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Solaris 11.3 can not be installed

Hi all

Did anyone manage to install Solaris 11.3 on a xenserver VM? I am running CS 4.6 with XenServer
6.5 and I try to install Solaris by using the official Oracle iso (text install), but installation
is not continuing when I hit F2 to install on local storage. It seems that it is not able
to discover the local disk and as a result, it returns back to the installation menu and prompts
me the error “disk_link: invalid disk device number 768”.

Is Xenserver incompatible with Solaris 11.3? I have installed all the latest patches on my
XenServer cluster.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards
Stavros

Stavros Konstantaras
Science faculty Research IT support (FEIOG)
University of Amsterdam, Science Park 904, 1098 XH

Fingerprint: E5E5 9B19 D1CD 88CD 4763  3465 A8DC 7C92 330F D59A

DISCLAIMER