cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Sanjeev Neelarapu <sanjeev.neelar...@accelerite.com>
Subject RE: Advanced networking with VLANs under KVM
Date Tue, 15 Mar 2016 06:46:22 GMT
Hi Chris,

Traffic labels that you have specified for each traffic type seems okay. As Paul mentioned,
there won’t be access to guest network from system vms. However, you should be able to reach
any external network(provided you have access to external network from the gateway) from system
vms through the public interface i.e. eth2.

Thanks,
Sanjeev

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Watts [mailto:chris@theintertubes.ca]
Sent: Tuesday, March 15, 2016 12:19 AM
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Re: Advanced networking with VLANs under KVM

Hi Simon,

For the traffic labels, I assign then bridge.

Physical      Bond               Bridge

Eth1 -------> Bond0 -------> br0
               /    Bond0.534 -> br0.534
Eth2 ---- /

eth1/2 are connected to trunk ports on my switch, bond0.534 is my management VLAN/IP so the
KVM host gets bond0.534 for ssh/management/storage traffic.

When setting up the zone in CloudStack, assign the traffic label of "bond0.534" for management,
then for both Public and Guest, the label "br0". Then I go create a shared guest network,
provide the VLAN number and IP addressing scheme.

I can get to the point of the System VMs running, however, they are never able to talk to
anything on the public or guest networks.

On Mon, Mar 14, 2016 at 1:44 PM, Simon Weller <sweller@ena.com> wrote:

> C hris,
>
> What do you define as the traffic labels when you configured the
> network within the Cloudstack zone wizard?
> Can you provide some more information on what you setup?
>
> - Si

DISCLAIMER