cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Paul Angus <paul.an...@shapeblue.com>
Subject RE: Advanced networking with VLANs under KVM
Date Mon, 14 Mar 2016 19:29:23 GMT
Hi Chris,

You wouldn't expect the systems vms (ssvm or cpvm) to connect to anything on the guest network.
The system VMs don't use any network that you create on the public side, they just get an
IP on the public network and expect to be able to route directly via your next hop gateway.

If you told CloudStack that the public VLAN was 111, then you'd expect to see a bridge br0.111
created on the host(s) running the cpvm and ssvms.
In the public network section of the wizard, you set the range of IPs which the system VMs
can use on the public interfaces and the gateway which is their next hop.

[ShapeBlue]<http://www.shapeblue.com>
Paul Angus
VP Technology   ,       ShapeBlue

d:      +44 203 617 0528 | s: +44 203 603 0540<tel:+44%20203%20617%200528%20|%20s:%20+44%20203%20603%200540>

e:      paul.angus@shapeblue.com | t: @cloudyangus<mailto:paul.angus@shapeblue.com%20|%20t:%20@cloudyangus>
     |      w:      www.shapeblue.com<http://www.shapeblue.com>

a:      53 Chandos Place, Covent Garden London WC2N 4HS UK

[cid:imagef0c556.png@a885ce55.4497b2b7]

trademark.
you have received this email in error.