cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Prashant Mishra <prashant.mis...@accelerite.com>
Subject Re: Unable to create a New VM - Error message: Unable to start instance due to Unable to get answer that is of class com.cloud.agent.api.StartAnswer
Date Tue, 15 Mar 2016 11:02:05 GMT
I checked logs you have provided could not see any development  on VM id:600 ,not even async
job creation for that vm deployment . I saw some jobs(job-9066) are getting expired due to
long wait time and other issues which you have already mentioned but could not relate these
 to vm  id:600 deployment failure . For further investigation    db dump , and agent log in
debug mode are needed.

Thanks
prashant

From: Glenn Wagner <glenn.wagner@shapeblue.com<mailto:glenn.wagner@shapeblue.com>>
Date: Tuesday, March 15, 2016 at 12:07 PM
To: "users@cloudstack.apache.org<mailto:users@cloudstack.apache.org>" <users@cloudstack.apache.org<mailto:users@cloudstack.apache.org>>
Subject: RE: Unable to create a New VM - Error message: Unable to start instance due to Unable
to get answer that is of class com.cloud.agent.api.StartAnswer

Hi,

Can you explain your environment first , how many hosts , what is your hypervisors (KVM,Xenserver,VMware)

The error seems to be with your Host 5 Hypervisor
Resource [Host:5] is unreachable:

Go to the infrastructure section and see what host5 is reporting,
Have you tried to restart the agent on the Host?

Thanks
Glenn

[ShapeBlue]<http://www.shapeblue.com>
Glenn Wagner
Senior Consultant       ,       ShapeBlue

d:       | s: +27 21 527 0091<tel:|%20s:%20+27%2021%20527%200091>        |      m:
    +27 73 917 4111<tel:+27%2073%20917%204111>

e:      glenn.wagner@shapeblue.com | t: <mailto:glenn.wagner@shapeblue.com%20|%20t:>
    |      w:      www.shapeblue.com<http://www.shapeblue.com>

a:      2nd Floor, Oudehuis Centre, 122 Main Rd, Somerset West Cape Town 7130 South Africa

[cid:image4248bd.png@a5bb5798.45b972e8]

trademark.
you have received this email in error.