cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Simon Weller <swel...@ena.com>
Subject Re: Advanced networking with VLANs under KVM
Date Mon, 14 Mar 2016 17:44:20 GMT
C hris,

What do you define as the traffic labels when you configured the network within the Cloudstack
zone wizard?
Can you provide some more information on what you setup?

- Si
From: Chris Watts <chris@theintertubes.ca>
Sent: Monday, March 14, 2016 9:22 AM
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Advanced networking with VLANs under KVM

Hi Everyone, I having a helluva time trying to understand how cloudstack
wants
todo networking. Specifically when it comes to adding your zones/physical
networks.

My KVM hosts have 2 physical nics, bonded together as bond0, and
they are VLAN trunk ports with about 30 VLANs coming in
I have bond0 as a member of a bridge, br0

I assign public/guest/management traffic to the physical network,
management has
no label (native vlan) then guest/public get br0

Adding guest/public networks using the vlan ID's
but nothing seems to work when the system VM's try to spin up....so I'm
assuming I'm probably not following how cloudstack wants to interface with
the
physical network..but I'm suck.

I need my cloudstack VM's to sit directly on the VLANs so they can talk to
my
other physical hosts.

I've seen references to creating physical interfaces/bridges for each VLAN
on the hypervisor (IE br0.111 for vlan 111, br0.112 etc) and using those,
but I figured there was probably a better way.

My assumption would be that I'd be able to tell cloudstack/KVM that the
bridge is really a trunk and that cloudstack would take care of the tagging
of traffic etc.

Thanks