cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Simon Weller <swel...@ena.com>
Subject Re: Unable to create a New VM - Error message: Unable to start instance due to Unable to get answer that is of class com.cloud.agent.api.StartAnswer
Date Tue, 22 Mar 2016 12:03:40 GMT
Nezar,

I've looked through the code related to your release and it seems that in order to throw this
exception, 10 attempts have been made to retrieve the disk information prior to the exception
being thrown.

It appears there is something really odd going on here.  I'm starting to wonder whether it
might be worth while for you to stop all of your agents, plus management server processes,
restart libvirtd on each of the hosts and then bring the agents back up prior to starting
the management servers.

There are a bunch of logs the pastebin you posted that seems to indicate you have some jobs
hung, for example:

2016-03-14 21:45:31,828 WARN  [o.a.c.f.j.i.AsyncJobMonitor] (Timer-1:ctx-0c090bd7) Task (job-9066)
has been pending for 1660851 seconds
2016-03-14 21:45:31,828 WARN  [o.a.c.f.j.i.AsyncJobMonitor] (Timer-1:ctx-0c090bd7) Task (job-8133)
has been pending for 4253003 seconds

Restarting the  agents, libvirtd and management will not cause an outage to your cloud, but
I would suggest, if you decided to do this, you should complete it in a maintenance window.

- Si

From: Nezar Madbouh <nezar.madbouh@ipscape.com.au>
Sent: Sunday, March 20, 2016 10:27 PM
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Re: Unable to create a New VM - Error message: Unable to start instance due to Unable
to get answer that is of class com.cloud.agent.api.StartAnswer

Hi Simon,

Please see answers to your questions below. I am not sure if I provided the
correct answer for the primary and secondary storage configuration. Please
let me know if this is not what you are after:

Can you screenshot and post somewhere your secondary storage configuration
and your primary storage configuration from the UI with the details?

mysql> select * from configuration where name like '%secondary%'\G
     category: Account Defaults
     instance: DEFAULT
    component: management-server
         name: max.account.secondary.storage
        value: 400
can be used for an account
default_value: 400
      updated: NULL
        scope: NULL
   is_dynamic: 0
*************************** 2. row ***************************
     category: Project Defaults
     instance: DEFAULT
    component: management-server
         name: max.project.secondary.storage
        value: 400
can be used for a project
default_value: 400
      updated: NULL
        scope: NULL
   is_dynamic: 0
*************************** 3. row ***************************
     category: Hidden
     instance: DEFAULT
    component: management-server
         name: secondary.storage.vm
        value: +rwRhJOXPymbQOuAMLnhiw==
otherwise secondary storage is mounted on management server
default_value: NULL
      updated: NULL
        scope: NULL
   is_dynamic: 0
*************************** 4. row ***************************
     category: Advanced
     instance: DEFAULT
    component: ExtensionRegistry
         name: secondary.storage.vm.allocators.exclude
        value: NULL
default_value: NULL
      updated: 2014-12-04 00:18:15
        scope: Global
   is_dynamic: 0
*************************** 5. row ***************************
     category: NetworkManager
     instance: DEFAULT
    component: management-server
         name: vm.network.nic.max.secondary.ipaddresses
        value: NULL
default_value: 256
      updated: NULL
        scope: NULL
   is_dynamic: 0
5 rows in set (0.00 sec)

mysql> select * from configuration where name like '%primary%'\G
     category: Account Defaults
     instance: DEFAULT
    component: management-server
         name: max.account.primary.storage
        value: 200
be used for an account
default_value: 200
      updated: NULL
        scope: NULL
   is_dynamic: 0
*************************** 2. row ***************************
     category: Project Defaults
     instance: DEFAULT
    component: management-server
         name: max.project.primary.storage
        value: 200
be used for a project
default_value: 200
      updated: NULL
        scope: NULL
   is_dynamic: 0
*************************** 3. row ***************************
     category: Storage
     instance: DEFAULT
    component: TemplateManager
         name: primary.storage.download.wait
        value: 10800
default_value: NULL
      updated: NULL
        scope: NULL
   is_dynamic: 0
3 rows in set (0.00 sec)

Also, what is the Cloudstack version you are running and what is the OS
you're running it on?

Cloudstack 4.4.1

Centos 6.6

Are you using actimeo=0 in your NFS mount line?

Primary storage on Hypervisors has the following parameters
10.61.154.10:/Cloudstack/primary on
/mnt/b3647480-5709-36eb-9ddd-e2c666f30b57 type nfs
(rw,noatime,nfsvers=3,proto=tcp,hard,nolock,intr,addr=10.61.154.10)

Secondary storage on SSVM has the following parameters
10.61.154.10:/Cloudstack/secondary on
/mnt/SecStorage/d11d5c92-6950-30e8-a0b5-3cd46a17ec14 type nfs4
(rw,relatime,vers=4,rsize=262144,wsize=262144,namlen=255,acdirmin=0,acdirmax=0,soft,proto=tcp,port=0,timeo=133,retrans=2147483647,sec=sys,clientaddr=10.61.154.70,minorversion=0,local_lock=none,addr=10.61.154.10)

Thanks & Regards,
Nezar.

On 18 March 2016 at 23:50, Simon Weller <sweller@ena.com> wrote:

> Also, what is the Cloudstack version you are running and what is the OS
> you're running it on?
>
> Are you using actimeo=0 in your NFS mount line?

MySQL

> /var/log/cloudstack/agent/agent.log

Host

 *