cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Suresh Sadhu <suresh.sa...@accelerite.com>
Subject RE: [Where are the snapshot file]
Date Tue, 15 Mar 2016 16:39:16 GMT
Hi Gian,

The reason might be if we delete any intermediate snapshot from  CloudStack, the file will
not be physically removed from secondary storage(scenario 2 as specified in the  below article
:),it will keep till  you removed the last snapshot. In case of xen, it maintain the snapshot
chain ,once it reaches the limit, then it will perform full snapshot.

http://support.citrix.com/article/CTX135172

You will see intermittent issue if  the  snapshot chain lost the its chain info due to manually
deleting of  files form secondary  or  corruption of  vdi file or due  to any corner cases
where deleting one file instead of another file/restarting of ms while snapshot operation
in the middle might result data inconsistence in between cloudstack data and Real data.

Regards
Sadhu

-----Original Message-----
From: Gian Paolo Buono [mailto:gianpaolo.buono@gesca.it]
Sent: Tuesday, March 15, 2016 9:03 PM
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Re: [Where are the snapshot file]

Simon,

but the issue occurs randomly when i setup reccurring snapshot, to clarify  I have attached
two image, Snap.png that show the state Allocated and i RecSnap.png that show the snapshot's
policy.

 The recurring spanshot policy is set to Daily keep 2 Snap but in the snapshot list  i can
see many older snap, Can you explain to me why ?

Best Regards
Gian Paolo