cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Dag Sonstebo <Dag.Sonst...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Re: Override BIOS config to specify boot from attached ISO
Date Wed, 23 Mar 2016 14:59:40 GMT
Hi Dave,

no there isn't unfortunately - I assume you mean something like the "enter BIOS on next boot"
option in vSphere? Such a functionality would effectively mean a VM BIOS change, after which
the change would have to be reversed to resume normal HDD boot, which could potentially cause
issues.

Keep in mind though once you've set the boot order in the BIOS it will stay persistent, and
obviously only boot to ISO if one is present.

Dag Sonstebo
Cloud Architect
ShapeBlue

On 23/03/2016, 14:35, "seth.rose@bt.com" <seth.rose@bt.com> wrote:

>Hello all!
>I wanted to ask --- specifically for Cloudstack version 4.3 APIs, but also, just in general.
 Is there any Tag key/value pairs which can be entered in the VM instance details (or anywhere
else for that matter) where I can easily specify 'Boot from .ISO' when usually the BIOS points
to the defined hard drive file?  This goes to a temporary situation where I'd like to boot
from .ISO and not have to do multiple reboots trying to catch the BIOS boot menu.
>Thanks!
>-dave

Regards,

DagĀ Sonstebo