cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From S. Brüseke - proIO GmbH <s.brues...@proio.com>
Subject cloud-init and user-data/meta-data
Date Fri, 11 Mar 2016 09:27:09 GMT
Hi to all,

I am testing cloud-init in our CS installation.

I want to recreate /etc/hosts on first boot so I use "manage_etc_hosts: true". The recreation
works but it looks like the fqdn is not provided by CS.
As far as I understand cloud-init uses user-data/meta-data to get all needed information.
For fqdn it uses meta-data "hostname" (https://github.com/number5/cloud-init/blob/master/doc/examples/cloud-config.txt
line 441 - 445).

Now my problem: CS do not provide "hostname" in meta-data. (http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/projects/cloudstack-administration/en/latest/virtual_machines.html#user-data-and-meta-data).
Where do I get the correct domain name from?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / With kind regards,

Swen

- proIO GmbH -
Geschäftsführer: Swen Brüseke
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Frankfurt am Main

USt-IdNr. DE 267 075 918
Registergericht: Frankfurt am Main - HRB 86239

Wenn Sie nicht der richtige Adressat sind oder diese E-Mail irrtümlich erhalten haben,
Das unerlaubte Kopieren sowie die unbefugte Weitergabe dieser Mail sind nicht gestattet.

If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify

the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail.
Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly
forbidden.