cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From S. Brüseke - proIO GmbH <s.brues...@proio.com>
Subject AW: CloudStack HA
Date Wed, 30 Mar 2016 08:19:02 GMT
Hi Martins,

you need to check XenServer logs. CS will not reboot any hypervisor.
XenServer will also reboot in some situations where Dom0 has no resources (CPU, RAM) left.
Which version of XS are you using?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / With kind regards,

Swen

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Mārtiņš Jakubovičs [mailto:martins-lists@hostnet.lv]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 30. März 2016 10:14
An: users@cloudstack.apache.org
Betreff: CloudStack HA

Hello,

This morning I faced unexpected problem, one of XenServer hosts rebooted. I checked logs and
it looks like due network issue, but question is why host rebooted it self? CloudStack's XS
Pool is not HA enabled. And as I know, in ACS 4.3.2 CloudStack did not manage Host's HA or
am I wrong?

Mar 30 07:00:33 cloudstack-1 heartbeat: Potential problem with
/var/run/sr-mount/858d490c-38e8-0f44-2840-c6acb98c3ae9/hb-b81b5d17-dea8-4257-a9b5-30b52229cc68:

not reachable since 65 seconds
Mar 30 07:00:33 cloudstack-1 heartbeat: Problem with
/var/run/sr-mount/858d490c-38e8-0f44-2840-c6acb98c3ae9/hb-b81b5d17-dea8-4257-a9b5-30b52229cc68:

not reachable for 65 seconds, rebooting system!

[root@cloudstack-1 ~]# xe pool-list params=all | grep ha-
                       ha-enabled ( RO): false
                 ha-configuration ( RO):
                    ha-statefiles ( RO):
     ha-host-failures-to-tolerate ( RW): 0
               ha-plan-exists-for ( RO): 0
              ha-allow-overcommit ( RW): false
                 ha-overcommitted ( RO): false

So did ACS manage some kind of host's HA?

XenServer 6.2
ACS 4.3.2

Best regards,
Martins

- proIO GmbH -
Geschäftsführer: Swen Brüseke
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Frankfurt am Main

USt-IdNr. DE 267 075 918
Registergericht: Frankfurt am Main - HRB 86239

Wenn Sie nicht der richtige Adressat sind oder diese E-Mail irrtümlich erhalten haben,
Das unerlaubte Kopieren sowie die unbefugte Weitergabe dieser Mail sind nicht gestattet.

If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify

the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail.
Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly
forbidden.