cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Yiping Zhang <yzh...@marketo.com>
Subject XenServer cluster size
Date Tue, 08 Mar 2016 22:10:34 GMT
Hi, all:

The CloudStack doc recommends that for XenServer, do not put more than 8 hosts in a cluster,
while the Citrix XenServer doc says that XenServer 6.5 can natively support 16 hosts in a
cluster (resource pool).

I am wondering why CloudStack is recommending a smaller cluster size than that XenServer can
natively support?  If I create a cluster with 10 XenServers, what could go wrong for me ?
 Has any one tried with CS cluster with >8 XenServer hosts ?

My environment is CS 4.5.1 (soon to be upgraded to 4.8.0) on RHEL 6.7 and XenServer 6.5, using
NetApp volumes for both primary and secondary storages.

Yiping