cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Anshul Gangwar <anshul.gang...@accelerite.com>
Subject Re: cloudstack - hyper-v - problem
Date Wed, 09 Mar 2016 06:12:27 GMT
We have never tried or tested cluster storage over SMB. I am not sure what more issues you
could face using that option.

On 08/03/16, 4:00 PM, "Yousri Farouk" <Yousri.Farouk@linkdatacenter.net> wrote:

>Hi Dear Anshul,
>
>When I try to mount to mount a cluster storage over SMB from cloudstack server I face
below error:

>mount error(13): Permission denied
>
>while when I try to mount a windows shared folder (netbios sharing) it working properly.
>
>Cifs.utls version is: 4.8
>CentOS 6.7
>
>I spent 2 days in troubleshooting with no results, as well I tried all sec options mentioned
here:

>http://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/124342/mount-error-13-permission-denied
>
>iptables is stopped as well,
>
>Note: I can mount the SMB folder from CentOS 7.1 machine in the same network without any
problems!!!

>So could you guide please.

It only supports advanced networking.

>Untagged networking is also not working due to bug https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-8420.
You can try Hyper-V agent from master branch If you want to use untagged networking.

>On 18-Oct-2015, at 2:22 PM, Yousri Farouk <Yousri.Farouk@linkdatacenter.net<mailto:Yousri.Farouk@linkdatacenter.net>>
wrote:

>Hi Sir,
>
>Thanks for reply, and kindly find inline answers,
>
>1) Type of networking used?
>External Virtual switch of Hyper-v, as per below link:
>http://cloudstack-installation.readthedocs.org/en/latest/hypervisor/hyperv.html#physical-network-configuration-for-hyper-v
>
>2) Tagged or untagged networking?
>Untagged
>
>3) From where you are using Hyper-V agent?
>I tried:
>http://cloudstack.apt-get.eu/systemvm/4.5/cloudstack-4.5-225-hypervagent.zip
>
>and
>
>http://jenkins.buildacloud.org/job/cloudstack-master-hyperv-agent/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/bin/cloudstack-master-1013-hypervagent.zip
>

>4) CloudStack version
>4.5.2
>
>Best Regards,
>
>Yousri Farouk, PMP, ITIL
>Senior R&D Systems Engineer
>Cloud Computing and Data Center | LINK Datacenter - OT Ventures
>Email. Yousri.Farouk@linkdatacenter.net<mailto:Yousri.Farouk@linkdatacenter.net>
>Tel.: + 2 (02) 252 95 800 Ext.: 1606 | Mob.: +2 (012) 23989838
>94, Street 105 - Maadi - Cairo - Egypt
>Website.: http://www.linkdatacenter.net

below errors, could you guide to fix please:

>Hyper-V error:
>2015-10-08 19:29:08,527 [4] ERROR HypervResource.HypervResourceController [69dbe7b9-baa4-41c4-adf3-002b8ad4185c]
- com.cloud.agent.api.GetHostStatsCommand failed on exceptionValue cannot be null.
>Parameter name: ipString
>System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
>Parameter name: ipString
> at System.Net.IPAddress.InternalParse(String ipString, Boolean tryParse)
> at HypervResource.HypervResourceController.GetNicInfoFromIpAddress(String ipAddress,
String& subnet)
> at
>HypervResource.HypervResourceController.GetHostStatsCommand(Object
>cmd)
>

>Cloudstack server:
>) Unable to complete AsyncJobVO {id:135, userId: 1, accountId: 1,
>instanceType: null, instanceId: null, cmd: com.cloud.vm.VmWorkStart,
>cmdInfo:
>rO0ABXNyABhjb20uY2xvdWQudm0uVm1Xb3JrU3RhcnR9cMGsvxz73gIAC0oABGRjSWRMAA
>Zhdm9pZHN0ADBMY29tL2Nsb3VkL2RlcGxveS9EZXBsb3ltZW50UGxhbm5lciRFeGNsdWRl
>TGlzdDtMAAljbHVzdGVySWR0ABBMamF2YS9sYW5nL0xvbmc7TAAGaG9zdElkcQB-AAJMAA
>tqb3VybmFsTmFtZXQAEkxqYXZhL2xhbmcvU3RyaW5nO0wAEXBoeXNpY2FsTmV0d29ya0lk
>cQB-AAJMAAdwbGFubmVycQB-AANMAAVwb2RJZHEAfgACTAAGcG9vbElkcQB-AAJMAAlyYX
>dQYXJhbXN0AA9MamF2YS91dGlsL01hcDtMAA1yZXNlcnZhdGlvbklkcQB-AAN4cgATY29t
>LmNsb3VkLnZtLlZtV29ya5-ZtlbwJWdrAgAESgAJYWNjb3VudElkSgAGdXNlcklkSgAEdm
>1JZEwAC2hhbmRsZXJOYW1lcQB-AAN4cAAAAAAAAAABAAAAAAAAAAEAAAAAAAAAHnQAGVZp
>cnR1YWxNYWNoaW5lTWFuYWdlckltcGwAAAAAAAAAAHBwcHBwcHBwcHA, cmdVersion:
>0, status: IN_PROGRESS, processStatus: 0, resultCode: 0, result: null,
>initMsid: 123561764610, completeMsid: null, lastUpdated: null,
>lastPolled: null, created: Thu Oct 08 19:48:21 EET 2015}, job origin:2
>com.cloud.exception.InsufficientServerCapacityException: Unable to create a deployment
for VM[SecondaryStorageVm|s-30-VM]Scope=interface com.cloud.dc.DataCenter; id=1
> [...]
>              at org.apache.cloudstack.framework.jobs.impl.AsyncJobManagerImpl$5.run(AsyncJobManagerImpl.java:494)
>              at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:471)
>              at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:262)
>              at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)
>              at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)
>              at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
>INFO  [o.a.c.f.j.i.AsyncJobMonitor]
>(Work-Job-Executor-126:ctx-807c2573 job-2/job-135) Remove job-135 from
>job monitoring WARN  [o.a.c.s.SecondaryStorageManagerImpl]
>(secstorage-1:ctx-287d16cb) Exception while trying to start secondary
>storage vm
>com.cloud.exception.InsufficientServerCapacityException: Unable to create a deployment
for VM[SecondaryStorageVm|s-30-VM]Scope=interface com.cloud.dc.DataCenter; id=1
>              at com.cloud.vm.VirtualMachineManagerImpl.orchestrateStart(VirtualMachineManagerImpl.java:947)
>              at com.cloud.vm.VirtualMachineManagerImpl.orchestrateStart(VirtualMachineManagerImpl.java:4481)
>              at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor236.invoke(Unknown Source)
>              at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
>              at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)
>              at com.cloud.vm.VmWorkJobHandlerProxy.handleVmWorkJob(VmWorkJobHandlerProxy.java:107)
>              at com.cloud.vm.VirtualMachineManagerImpl.handleVmWorkJob(VirtualMachineManagerImpl.java:4637)
>              at com.cloud.vm.VmWorkJobDispatcher.runJob(VmWorkJobDispatcher.java:103)
>              at org.apache.cloudstack.framework.jobs.impl.AsyncJobManagerImpl$5.runInContext(AsyncJobManagerImpl.java:537)
>              at org.apache.cloudstack.managed.context.ManagedContextRunnable$1.run(ManagedContextRunnable.java:49)
>              at org.apache.cloudstack.managed.context.impl.DefaultManagedContext$1.call(DefaultManagedContext.java:56)
>              at org.apache.cloudstack.managed.context.impl.DefaultManagedContext.callWithContext(DefaultManagedContext.java:103)
>              at org.apache.cloudstack.managed.context.impl.DefaultManagedContext.runWithContext(DefaultManagedContext.java:53)
>              at org.apache.cloudstack.managed.context.ManagedContextRunnable.run(ManagedContextRunnable.java:46)
>              at org.apache.cloudstack.framework.jobs.impl.AsyncJobManagerImpl$5.run(AsyncJobManagerImpl.java:494)
>              at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:471)
>              at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:262)
>              at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)
>              at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)
>              at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
>INFO  [o.a.c.s.SecondaryStorageManagerImpl]
>(secstorage-1:ctx-287d16cb) Unable to start secondary storage vm for
>standby capacity, secStorageVm vm Id : 30, will recycle it and start a
>new one WARN  [o.a.c.alerts] (secstorage-1:ctx-287d16cb)  alertType:: 19 // dataCenterId::
1 // podId:: null // clusterId:: null // message:: Secondary Storage Vm creation failure.
zone: Zone01, error details: null INFO  [o.a.c.s.PremiumSecondaryStorageManagerImpl] (secstorage-1:ctx-287d16cb)
Primary secondary storage is not even started, wait until next turn INFO  [c.c.v.VirtualMachineManagerImpl]
(Work-Job-Executor-125:ctx-32481016 job-1/job-134 ctx-837b7343) Unable to start VM on Host[-1-Routing]
due to com.cloud.agent.api.StartCommand fail on exceptionObject reference not set to an instance
of an object.

>Best Regards,
>
>Yousri Farouk, PMP, ITIL
>Senior R&D Systems Engineer
>Cloud Computing and Data Center | LINK Datacenter - OT Ventures Email.
>Yousri.Farouk@linkdatacenter.net<mailto:Yousri.Farouk@linkdatacenter.n<mailto:Yousri.Farouk@linkdatacenter.net%3cmailto:Yousri.Farouk@linkdatacenter.n>
>et>
>Tel.: + 2 (02) 252 95 800 Ext.: 1606 | Mob.: +2 (012) 23989838 94,
>Street 105 - Maadi - Cairo - Egypt
>Website.: http://www.linkdatacenter.net<http://www.linkdatacenter.net/<http://www.linkdatacenter.net%3chttp:/www.linkdatacenter.net/>>

DISCLAIMER