cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Sean Lair <sl...@ippathways.com>
Subject Guest VMs cannot access Internet
Date Sat, 06 Feb 2016 21:47:19 GMT
Hi all,

I'm having an issue I'm hoping you can assist with.  Brand new Cloudstack 4.8 deployment running
on CentOS7 and KVM hypervisors.  Using advanced networking with VLAN isolation.

Deploying new VMs using the default CentOS5.5 instance works great.  The virtual router is
deployed as expected to perform source NAT.  If I log into the virtual router, it can ping
the Internet and the guest VMs.  The guest VMs can ping each other as they are on the same
subnet.  The virtual router has an Internet public IP it is using for Source NAT.

The guest VMs however cannot access the Internet.  Under the public IP address [Source NAT]
-> Firewall, I'm allowing 0.0.0.0/0 ICMP with "-1" for ICMP Type and code.  For the Egress
rules for the guest network, I have 0.0.0.0/0 All protocols and All ports.  I can ping the
outside of the virtual router (public IP) from the Internet.

>From my troubleshooting above I'm guessing it is something to do with the virtual router,
but am not sure how to troubleshoot next.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Thanks
Sean