cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Indra Pramana <in...@sg.or.id>
Subject Upgrading from ACS 4.2 to 4.7
Date Sun, 07 Feb 2016 08:28:38 GMT
Dear all,

We are currently still using ACS 4.2.0 with KVM hypervisor hosts and Ceph
RBD for primary storage. We are planning to upgrade all our management and
agent servers to ACS 4.7.0 (the latest stable version available on ACS
website).

http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/projects/cloudstack-release-notes/en/4.7.0/upgrade/upgrade-4.2.html

Anyone has experience in performing the upgrade? Appreciate if anyone can
share with me anything I need to take note during the upgrade.

- SystemVM template update, is it straightforward or shall I expect any
issues along the way?
- We are running Ubuntu 12.04 for all our servers, while ACS 4.7 only
specifically supports Ubuntu 14.04, can I upgrade to ACS 4.7 without having
to do "release-upgrade" Ubuntu from 12.04 to 14.04?
- Since all the system VMs and virtual routers need to be restarted as part
of the upgrade, there will be downtime to users. Anyone can advise roughly
how long it will take for the whole upgrade process so that we can plan
accordingly?
- If the whole upgrade fails, can we revert back to the original version
4.2? Quite worried that it's not possible since systemVM template and
database needs to be upgraded as part of the upgrade.

Any other tips / tricks that I need to take note of during the upgrade? We
do not have any staging / test environment so it's very important for the
upgrade to be successful.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Looking forward to your reply, thank you.

Cheers.

-ip-