cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Syafiq Rokman <msyafiq.rok...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Authentication Error When Adding Host
Date Mon, 01 Feb 2016 01:41:18 GMT
Hi,

Yes.

$ nmap -p 8250 172.16.134.175

Starting Nmap 6.40 ( http://nmap.org ) at 2016-02-01 09:31 MYT
Nmap scan report for 172.16.134.175
Host is up (0.00029s latency).
PORT     STATE SERVICE
8250/tcp open  unknown

$ telnet 172.16.134.175 8250
Trying 172.16.134.175...
Connected to 172.16.134.175.

But when I try on the agent machine itself :

$ nmap -p 8250 172.16.134.246

Starting Nmap 6.40 ( http://nmap.org ) at 2016-02-01 09:34 MYT
Nmap scan report for syafiqrokman-HPCC.cloudstack (172.16.134.246)
Host is up (0.000017s latency).
PORT     STATE  SERVICE
8250/tcp closed unknown

$ telnet 172.16.134.246 8250
Trying 172.16.134.246...
telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: Connection refused.

I tried updating iptables and ufw to allow tcp through 8250. Still, no
luck.
On an off note, why is it trying to connect through this port? It wasn't
listed on the ports to be opened in the documentation.