cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From "Cristian Ciobanu" <cristia...@istream.today>
Subject RE: Procedure for Linux templates
Date Thu, 18 Feb 2016 17:49:58 GMT
Hi Glenn,

      Thank you, my issue was caused by not removing unique id and other stuff from network
configuration

Regards,
Cristian
On 18.02.2016 16:48:20, Glenn Wagner <glenn.wagner@shapeblue.com> wrote:
Hi Cristian,

When you setup the networking in the linux template did you keep all the setting as DHCP and
remove the unique id

Example your eth0 file should only look like this , nothing else

DEVICE=eth0
TYPE=Ethernet
BOOTPROTO=dhcp
ONBOOT=yes

Also did you install the password script in the linux template
>From here
http://cloudstack-administration.readthedocs.org/en/4.8/templates/_password.html#adding-password-management-to-templates

1. Download the cloud-set-guest script (http://download.cloud.com/templates/4.2/bindir/cloud-set-guest-password.in)
2.Copy the file into the /etc/init.d directory
3. Make the script executable (chmod +x /etc/init.d/cloud-set-guest-password)
4. Then make the script run at boot (chkconfig --add cloud-set-guest-password)

Thanks
Glenn

[ShapeBlue] [http://www.shapeblue.com]
Glenn Wagner
Senior Consultant ,  ShapeBlue
d:   | s: +27 21 527 0091 [tel:|%20s:%20+27%2021%20527%200091]  |  m:  +27 73 917 4111
[tel:+27%2073%20917%204111]
e:  glenn.wagner@shapeblue.com | t:  [mailto:glenn.wagner@shapeblue.com%20|%20t:]  |
w:  www.shapeblue.com [http://www.shapeblue.com]
a:  2nd Floor, Oudehuis Centre, 122 Main Rd, Somerset West Cape Town 7130 South Africa
trademark.
you have received this email in error.