cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Koushik Das <koushik....@citrix.com>
Subject Re: Still having capacity calculation problems with XenServer.
Date Thu, 11 Feb 2016 03:42:51 GMT
Check if the fix for CLOUDSTACK-8181 helps.

> On 10-Feb-2016, at 7:33 PM, Martin Emrich <martin.emrich@empolis.com> wrote:
>
> Hi!
>
> I am still/again having issues with the capacity calculation on Cloudstack:

> As these Issues are still in 4.7.1, I thought about implementing a fix myself, I thought
of a "LeastMemoryUsedAllocator". Used instead of the FirstFitAllocator, it should always return
the host with the most free memory left, thus "Pushing" the problem to the point where all
hosts are nearly full. (Of course, a "real" fix would be preferred, when Cloudstack would
try the next host instead of returning a deployment error).

> I have the latest source code and Eclipse ready, found the example "RandomAllocator",
but now I am stuck:

> -          How do I get the memory used on each host inside the Allocator?
>
> -          And how do I actually build the plugin? Can I build it, and get some small
.jar file, and just put that in the server and use it in host.allocators.order?

> Yes, it sounds naïve, but I maybe it could be that simple... As my cloud is unusable
despite having hundreds of gigabytes of RAM available, I'm eager to dive into cloudstack dev
;)