cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Stephan Seitz <s.se...@secretresearchfacility.com>
Subject Re: Procedure for Linux templates
Date Fri, 19 Feb 2016 11:19:11 GMT
Hi guys,

just sorting out our repository.

Maybe you find it useful:
https://github.com/HeinleinSupport/acs-template-scripts

Currently, the scripts are looking somewhat messy and our SuSE LEAP
scripts are waiting for cleanup, but for the impatient ones ...

For ACS we're moving to public github projects, so I'ld expect more to
come ;)

cheers and have a nice weekend!

- Stephan

Am Donnerstag, den 18.02.2016, 22:13 +0200 schrieb Cristian Ciobanu:
> Hello,
>
>     Nice to hear this, i will wait for updates.
>

> Regards,
> Cristian
> On 18.02.2016 19:19:30, Stephan Seitz <s.seitz@secretresearchfacility.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> we've recently built templates for Centos 7, Ubuntu 14.04, Debian 8 and
> SuSE Leap 42.1.
>
> We tried to do our work as near as possible to the respective default
> networking. So CentOS 7 w/ NM and SuSE Leap with wicked (which caused a
> lot of pain to get it working...)
>
> We're just sorting out our git project including ReadMe's and scripts
> and expect to push it tomorrow to github.
>
> cheers,
>
> - Stephan
>
> Am Donnerstag, den 18.02.2016, 15:04 +0200 schrieb Cristian Ciobanu:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Can i get a documentation for how to create Linux templates, and needed scripts
?

> > I did like in this example : http://cloudstack-administration.readthedocs.org/en/4.8/templates.html#creating-a-template-from-an-existing-virtual-machine
but is not working for CentOS 6.7 or CentOS 7 ( after deploy from template template i don't
have IP assigned on my network also password reset is not working )