cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Stavros Konstantaras <s.konstanta...@uva.nl>
Subject Re: Usage of public IP space
Date Wed, 20 Jan 2016 14:07:59 GMT
Ok that’s one option. I could use the head node as a router/gateway with some VLAN translation
but this will increase the complexity of the setup and will add some administration overhead
(we use CS to make our lives simpler, correct? ).

Shall I assume that there is no other way to solve that easily inside?

Cheers
Stavros

> On 20 Jan 2016, at 14:51, Simon Weller <sweller@ena.com> wrote:
>
> Stavros,
>
> One option you have is to place a linux (or *bsd)  box between your router and Cloudstack
and use that to break out your subnets). You could then hand off routed vlans to CS.

> - Si

subnets on it. So I need to work around CS to make it work.

> Regards
> Stavros
>
>> On 20 Jan 2016, at 14:40, Simon Weller <sweller@ena.com> wrote:
>>
>> Can't you subnet it out to a /27?

assign the first 30 of them to Cloudstack’s public network for using it in the system VMs
while keeping the rest of this space for my instances.

>> However, I don’t see it possible as I get the following exception when I register
the rest of the space in shared networks: "The IP range with tag: vlan://869 in zone NewZone
has overlapped with the subnet. Please specify a different gateway/netmask.”