cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From ilya <ilya.mailing.li...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: vm doesn't hava ip address
Date Thu, 28 Jan 2016 01:52:00 GMT
several possibilities,

usually implies router vm could not reach the guest vm - due to various
reasons, i would check the network and trunking.

secondly it could also relate to networking on the linux os, if you do
"ifconfig -a", do you see eth1 perhaps?

1) assuming its rhel based os, you may want to confirm ifcfg-eth0 does
not have UUID or MAC hardcoded
2) udev rules for network stack could also map the MAC to specific eth
interface. its is safe to delete 70-net-persistent.rules file from
/ec/udev.d/

if 1 and 2 are true for you, fix the issue and reboot

try dhclient -r && dhclient ethX

otherwise, we are missing context here - you told us nothing about your
setup, hence i cant be any more helpful

goodluck
ilya

On 1/27/16 6:38 AM, frankpersist@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi, all
>    My cloudstack version is 4.6 and I have created a vm, in UI the ip address is 192.168.85.200,
but  when I used vnc to login in the vm there is only one address 127.0.0.1 when I input "ifconfig".
I would like to access Internet from this vm, what should I do?