Hi Bernhard,

Can you run following checklist:

1. The host configuration in global setting points to management server IP
2. In the logs, I see XenServer communication exceptions so can you check if you’re able to reach XenServer from the management server. Please find and remove any iptables rules dropping/filtering packets.
3. For VMware, you need to make sure that the management server can reach both primary and secondary storages, and it can mount secondary storage. From what I remember, you don’t need to explicitly copy systemvm.iso on secondary storage for vmware; CloudStack should do that for you. Check connectivity between ESXi hosts a nd
4. Please check that you’ve seeded 4.3 systemvm template for VMware and that it belongs to the SYSTEM account/user, and update router.template.vmware global setting with the template name. In the vm_instance table, check for the failing systemvms (CPVM and SSVM) if the hypervisor_type matches where it is trying to run those VMs (also check against the template_id and vm_templates table, that it’s using correct template and hypervisor).

Regards.