cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Dag Sonstebo <Dag.Sonst...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Re: ACS + XenServer + DAS ?
Date Wed, 09 Dec 2015 09:04:45 GMT
Hi Lucian,

What is your use case for this project, and what are your concerns around network limiting
your storage speed? If you put a storage front end server (NFS, iSCSI) on top of the DAS and
link up with 10gig networking you should get decent performance - there’s plenty of large
scale production environments using IP based storage. Personally I’ve ran XenServer with
an iSCSI backend over 10gig in the past and even during ACS boot storms never managed to push
the network links past 20-30% utilisation.

Regards,
Dag Sonstebo
Cloud Architect
ShapeBlue

On 09/12/2015, 08:48, "Nux!" <nux@li.nux.ro> wrote:

>Hi Timothy,
>
>I do not have exact numbers in my head. This was sort of dumped on to me, but it's clear
to me now XenServer will not/cannot use that DAS+SAS conectors as shared storage. I'm sure
we'll find some alternative. :)

>Thanks
>
>--
>Sent from the Delta quadrant using Borg technology!
>
>Nux!
>www.nux.ro

ShapeBlue is a registered trademark.