cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Simon Weller <swel...@ena.com>
Subject Re: Dynamic Primary Storage for VMware and KVM
Date Tue, 08 Dec 2015 13:23:17 GMT
Christian,

So when you say dynamic storage, are you just referring to storage that can grow as your requirements
change?

If so, there are many options. I can't speak for VMware, but I can for KVM:

NFS
Ceph (using RBD)
Solidfire
Nexenta
Cloudbyte
Various SANs via either a mount point or CLVM clustering

- Si

From: christian.kirmse@zv.fraunhofer.de <christian.kirmse@zv.fraunhofer.de>
Sent: Tuesday, December 8, 2015 3:42 AM
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Dynamic Primary Storage for VMware and KVM

Hi all,

I searched through the documentation to find some more information about how to provide dynamic
primary storage for VMware vspehere 5.5 and KVM, but didn’t found a good hint.

Can somebody tell me how I can setup dynamic primary storage for vmware and kvm and what kind
of storage system is needed?
If I understood it right SolidFire is a good candidate for it, but are there any other storage
systems which do support this feature or is it even possible to use it with any kind of nfs
storage?

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards
Christian