cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From "Kristoffer Sheather @ CloudCentral" <kristoffer.sheat...@cloudcentral.com.au>
Subject Re: ACS + XenServer + DAS ?
Date Tue, 08 Dec 2015 22:36:52 GMT
What you need is something like EMC ScaleIO or VMware VSAN that leverages
DAS but replicates over the network for resiliency and scale.
   Regards,

Kristoffer Sheather
CloudCentral

 Mobile: +61 475 048 864 | Switch: +61 2 6160 7624 | Email:
kris@cloudcentral.com.au
LinkedIn:   | Skype: kristoffer.sheather | Twitter:
http://twitter.com/kristofferjon

 From: "Nux!" <nux@li.nux.ro>
Sent: Wednesday, December 9, 2015 6:26 AM
To: "Vadim Kimlaychuk" <vadim@kickcloud.net>
Cc: users@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Re: ACS + XenServer + DAS ?
Vadim,

Let's say this
http://www.supermicro.co.uk/products/chassis/3U/836/SC836BE2C-R1K03JBOD.cfm

plus a LSI Megaraid card.

It has 8 x Mini-SAS ports that I can connect hypervisors to, but from what
I read and from what Simon says ( :> ) that doesn't give me shared storage
unless I re-export it from another computer.
Doing this beats the purpose in a way, because I wanted speed.. If I go
over the network I lose that.

So it starts to be clear to me DAS is not what I need. :)

Lucian

Nux!
www.nux.ro