cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Rohit Yadav <rohit.ya...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Re: CloudStack fails to deploy SSVM
Date Thu, 03 Dec 2015 07:10:08 GMT
Hi Bernhard,

Can you run following checklist:

1. The host configuration in global setting points to management server IP
2. In the logs, I see XenServer communication exceptions so can you check if you’re able
to reach XenServer from the management server. Please find and remove any iptables rules dropping/filtering
packets.
3. For VMware, you need to make sure that the management server can reach both primary and
secondary storages, and it can mount secondary storage. From what I remember, you don’t
need to explicitly copy systemvm.iso on secondary storage for vmware; CloudStack should do
that for you. Check connectivity between ESXi hosts a nd
4. Please check that you’ve seeded 4.3 systemvm template for VMware and that it belongs
to the SYSTEM account/user, and update router.template.vmware global setting with the template
name. In the vm_instance table, check for the failing systemvms (CPVM and SSVM) if the hypervisor_type
matches where it is trying to run those VMs (also check against the template_id and vm_templates
table, that it’s using correct template and hypervisor).

Regards.

On 03-Dec-2015, at 1:41 AM, Bernhard Dübi <1linuxengineer@gmail.com<mailto:1linuxengineer@gmail.com>>