cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Dag Sonstebo <Dag.Sonst...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Re: Multiples Publics Networks
Date Fri, 04 Dec 2015 13:47:08 GMT
Hi Rubens,

if you create a shared network with the default shared network offering you rely on a gateway
external to CloudStack and the VR, I.e. the virtual router only supplies DHCP, DNS and userdata
- not L3 routing. You can obviously use one of the other shared network offerings or create
your own to match your use case.

Not sure if I follow your second question - could you elaborate?

Regards,
Dag Sonstebo
Cloud Architect
ShapeBlue

On 01/12/2015, 17:23, "Rubens Malheiro" <rubens.malheiro@gmail.com> wrote:

>Thank Dag
>Got it.
>But if I use shared networks I will have problems since the virtual router had been with
the IP address of the firewall on the LAN that would be the gateway. If I disable the management
services of the virtual router I have to manually manage the placement.
>My idea would be that the VPC were able to allocate different public networks for NAT
statics. I see that I can do this because, not by field. Does the IPS portables manages to
come fix this?
>Thank you.
>

>Doc. Holliday
>101% CloudStack
>
>> Em 1 de dez de 2015, à(s) 15:02, Dag Sonstebo <Dag.Sonstebo@shapeblue.com>
escreveu:

>> Hi Rubens,
>>
>> You can add multiple sets of public IP address space / VLAN combinations to the public
network, but you can not run multiple public networks as such.

>> What you can do is to present additional shared networks to clients - these can be
public or private IP ranges. Keep in mind however that if you present public IP ranges as
shared networks that you may encounter security issues on your VMs.

>> Regards,
>> Dag Sonstebo
>> Cloud Architect
>> ShapeBlue
>>

>> On 01/12/2015, 16:26, "Rubens Malheiro" <rubens.malheiro@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello everyone!
>>>
>>> it is possible to run multiple PUBLIC networks and assign different isolated
networks?

>>> I say this because I use privately CloudStack and own several VLANs would only
expose some addresses the VMS. To do this using the virtual router have problem why GATEWAY
IP conflicts with my physical gateway.

>>> Thank you
>>>
>>> Sorry my English is to use google translate to write.
>>>

>>> 101% Cloudstack

>> CloudStack Software Engineering<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-software-engineering/>

ShapeBlue is a registered trademark.