cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Rene Moser <m...@renemoser.net>
Subject Re: VMware Storage DRS
Date Thu, 17 Dec 2015 14:42:45 GMT
On 12/17/2015 03:15 PM, christian.kirmse@zv.fraunhofer.de wrote:
>> On 12/15/2015 03:19 PM, Rene Moser wrote:
>>> VR will be rebooted every time a host migration occurred
>
> Does this only applie for migrations via DRS or are migrations via the cs gui “migrate
instance to another host” button also affected?

Only DRS (or so called out-of-band migrations)

- Migrating using the UI (API) does work like a charm for any VM
including virtual routers.
- DRS for user VMs, works like a charm
- DRS for virtual routers will work with 4.5.3.

What we currently do, we look at the host and migrate any router by the
API, then we set the host in maintenance in VMware, when all is
migrated, we set the host in maintenance by CloudStack.

Regards
René