cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Timothy Lothering <tlother...@datacentrix.co.za>
Subject RE: ACS + XenServer + DAS ?
Date Wed, 09 Dec 2015 06:31:31 GMT
Hey Nux,

I have worked with a DAS before (albeit DELL), it depends on how it is segregated, in my case,
I used it for Exchange and it was seen as shared storage.

If you are looking for performance, you have 12Gbps in total, but you might want more. What
configuration were you looking at? Throughput, I/O, Host count etc?

Kind Regards,

Timothy Lothering

-----Original Message-----
From: Kristoffer Sheather @ CloudCentral [mailto:kristoffer.sheather@cloudcentral.com.au]

Sent: Wednesday, 09 December 2015 12:37 AM
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org; Vadim Kimlaychuk <vadim@kickcloud.net>
Subject: Re: ACS + XenServer + DAS ?

What you need is something like EMC ScaleIO or VMware VSAN that leverages DAS but replicates
over the network for resiliency and scale.
   Regards,

Kristoffer Sheather
CloudCentral

 Mobile: +61 475 048 864 | Switch: +61 2 6160 7624 | Email:
kris@cloudcentral.com.au
LinkedIn:   | Skype: kristoffer.sheather | Twitter:
http://twitter.com/kristofferjon