cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Jeremy Peterson <jpeter...@acentek.net>
Subject RE: How to replace Primary Storage
Date Tue, 08 Dec 2015 14:58:09 GMT
We are using XenServer 6.5 ACS 4.5 iSCSI LUN's for Primary and when I enabled multipathing
I enabled maintenance mode for the LUN in question and I see all vm's migrate to another they
did not reboot or shutdown.  Once in maintenance I was able to remove it from ACS and XenServer
and then re-add in each location.

I haven't had to do it again since then but using shared storage I was able to reproduce what
you mentioned below about old documentation.

Jeremy

-----Original Message-----
From: Dag Sonstebo [mailto:Dag.Sonstebo@shapeblue.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 8, 2015 2:39 AM
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Re: How to replace Primary Storage

Hi Amir

Not tried it - but as Ahmad pointed out just make sure your DB matches real VMFS location,
otherwise the two platforms go out of sync.

Regards,

Dag Sonstebo
Cloud Architect
ShapeBlue

On 08/12/2015, 04:15, "Amir Abbasi" <abbasi@tebyanidc.ir> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Thanks, as I found in older documents if I enable maintenance mode ol Primary Storage
then CS will try to move all storages to another Primary Storage with same tag. Has anyone
tried that?

migration, then massaging the cloudstack db (volumes table pool_id and folder references).
If snapshots are involved, its a bit more involved.

>On Fri, Dec 4, 2015 at 10:19 PM, Amir Abbasi <abbasi@tebyanidc.ir> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>

>> I've added a new Primary Storage to a VMware zone and want to replace
>> that with old one. Both of them are VMFC (FC). What do you recommend
>> for live migration? What would happened if I enable maintenance mode
>> for old Primary storage?
>>

>> Thanks

ShapeBlue is a registered trademark.