cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Somesh Naidu <Somesh.Na...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: how to assign an instance to a different project ?
Date Tue, 03 Nov 2015 22:05:53 GMT
I believe this functionality does not exist yet. The only to achieve is to perform manual DB
updates but this has not been tested. If you decide to go with the manual DB update approach,
you should take care of network association for that VM.

Regards,
Somesh

-----Original Message-----
From: Yiping Zhang [mailto:yzhang@marketo.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 03, 2015 2:43 PM
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: how to assign an instance to a different project ?

Hi,

I need to move some instances from project-1 in domain-1 to project-2 in domain-2. But I can’t
find any API to do so.

The API  “assignVirtualMachine” can move instances between accounts (in the same or different
domains), but it does not work with projects. If there is an API to move an instance from
an account to a project, that would work for me as well.

How would I do this ?

Thanks

Yiping