cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Patrick W. <war...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: CS and Xen ISO sharing in a pool
Date Thu, 12 Nov 2015 09:05:33 GMT
Hi Abhinandan,
Yes my pool is using shared NFS storage.
Xen tools installed, but not latest version on one of the VM. Interestingly, this morning
I can't reproduce the problem of lost ISO at reboot, even on another that was failing yesterday.
That one has always had the latest xen tools installed.
Migration however still detach the ISO, on all of them.

Two examples of Xen SR for mounted ISO. One was created as "shared" and available to all the
hosts:
uuid ( RO)                : d024ab04-c39d-33f2-209f-89dc7ee50dac          name-label ( RW):
i-6-184-VM-ISO    name-description ( RW): 10.0.20.10:/vol/cs_sec_prd/template/tmpl/2/221
              host ( RO): <shared>                type ( RO): iso        content-type
( RO): iso
While most remain local to one host:
uuid ( RO)                : af43d09b-0b3b-faf4-804c-43cb2005e895          name-label ( RW):
i-8-820-VM-ISO    name-description ( RW): 10.0.20.10:/vol/cs_sec_prd/template/tmpl/2/314
              host ( RO): xs001                type ( RO): iso        content-type ( RO):
iso
I can't get hold off a new "shared" ISO SR. I don't get this behavior and how this is managed...
thx!
> From: abhinandan.prateek@shapeblue.com
> To: users@cloudstack.apache.org
> Subject: Re: CS and Xen ISO sharing in a pool
> Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2015 03:51:42 +0000
>
> Assuming that your pool is using shared storage. Are the Xentools installed on the VM
?

> On 11/11/15, 10:19 PM, "Patrick W." <warswe@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> >Hi All,
> >ACS 4.4.1, Xen 6.2 poolWhen I attach an ISO to a VM, it creates the SR on the host
running the VM and mount it there. The ISO's available as expected so far. If I reboot the
VM, or migrate it to another host, I lose the attached ISO, while it remain attached for ACS.
I then need to do an unattach and reattach operation.Anybody experiencing this? Can't the
ISO SR be created as a "Shared" SR on the Xen Pool instead of a unique host and therefore
keep it attached during those restart / migration operation?
> >Appreciate any input,Many thanks

ShapeBlue is a registered trademark.