cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Yiping Zhang <yzh...@marketo.com>
Subject Re: how to assign an instance to a different project ?
Date Wed, 04 Nov 2015 22:18:33 GMT
Ilya:

Would you mind share your sql statement to do this ? I only have a couple of instances left
to move, so a workaround is acceptable.

Thanks

Yiping

On 11/4/15, 1:07 PM, "ilya" <ilya.mailing.lists@gmail.com> wrote:

>I did this through db update, worked as expected..
>

>On 11/3/15 2:05 PM, Somesh Naidu wrote:
>> I believe this functionality does not exist yet. The only to achieve is to perform
manual DB updates but this has not been tested. If you decide to go with the manual DB update
approach, you should take care of network association for that VM.

>> Regards,
>> Somesh

But I can’t find any API to do so.

>> The API  “assignVirtualMachine” can move instances between accounts (in the same
or different domains), but it does not work with projects. If there is an API to move an instance
from an account to a project, that would work for me as well.