cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Yan Bai <baiyan...@gmail.com>
Subject CloudStack server with public ip address
Date Tue, 10 Nov 2015 04:38:33 GMT
Hi All,

I have only one physical computer and IP address of this machine is public
IP address(such as 213.98.5.132). I am going to setup CloudStack on this
computer. So this computer will be Management Server, Primary and Secondary
Storage and KVM host.

When I create Pod, I need to specify IP range of guest virtual machine. I
am wondering what kind of IP I should give here? Something like
192.168.1.100- 192.168.1.200?

If I specify guest IP range like 192.168.1.100- 192.168.1.200, new virtual
machine may has IP like 192.168.1.108. Can this virtual machine communicate
with host? They are not in same subnet.

Thanks,
Yan