cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Vadim Kimlaychuk <va...@kickcloud.net>
Subject Re: CS 4.5 + XEN 6.5 using bond and pvlan
Date Tue, 24 Nov 2015 10:06:15 GMT
Keerhiraja,

     This one exists:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-7446, but is connected
to OVS component that is a part of PVLAN functionality.

Vadim.

On 2015-11-24 11:06, Keerthiraja SJ wrote:

> [...]
>
> This is not so related to the question that was asked but I wanted to
> be
> sure there weren't any "problems" in 4.6 that I didn't know about (so
> they
> could be addressed). It's perfectly fine not to upgrade yet. But please
> don't give people the impression there are "many problems" while you
> cannot
> name them.
>
> In the mean while we work on 4.6.1 and 4.7.0 and hopefully some day
> you'll
> have a smooth upgrade and enjoy the new features.
>
> If you need any help with upgrading, please drop us a line on the dev
> list.
>
> Regards,
> Remi
>
> On 18/11/15 15:45, "Vadim Kimlaychuk" <vadim@kickcloud.net> wrote:
>
> Dear Remi,
>
> My apologize to mislead Audrey with notations - problem were
> with VPC, not VR. Voting process for 4.6 release was also very
> difficult. Of course official release will be stabilized, but from user
> perspective I will say the same to Aundery - 4.6 will not solve his
> problem with OVS plugin and probably will bring more problems than
> 4.5.2. May be this is just fear before release, but this is my personal
> fear - I will wait until 4.6.1 definitely. My 4.5.2 VPC works too good
> to take a risk of immediate update :)
>
> Vadim.
>
> On 2015-11-18 15:32, Remi Bergsma wrote:
>
> Hi Vadim,
>
> What VR problems do you refer to in ACS 4.6?
>
> Regards,
> Remi
>
> On 18/11/15 12:52, "Vadim Kimlaychuk" <vadim@kickcloud.net> wrote:
>
> Dear Audrey,
>
> OVS plugin, as I remember, last seen OK before CS 4.4.0. I have created
> bug report in JIRA
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-7446 [1] [1 [1]] [1
> [1]]. Since
> 4.5.1
> this
> plugin is not in the list anymore. The reason, I guess, is outdated
> code
> that is not compatible with this release. CS 4.6 version has a lot of
> problems with VR, so I would not recommend you to install it. Don't
> know
> if OVS is back there. I doubt.
>
> I think you may find OVS plugin at CS source tree, but whether you want
> to update it? Is PVLAN so important for you?
>
> Vadim.
>
> On 2015-11-18 13:30, Audrey Roberto B Baldin wrote:
>
> Hi Vadim, thanks for your help.
>
> After reading your message I remembered of the plugin area of CS and
> yes, the OVS plugin is missing. So I ask: Why is it missing? I had seen
> it before (CS 4.5.1 probably) and using XEN 6.5 was able to configure
> PVLAN.
>
> Is it possible to instal the OVS plugin? Where can I find it?
>
> Does CS 4.6 has the plugin out-of-the-box?

com.cloud.hypervisor.xenserver.resource.CitrixResourceBase.callHostPlugin(CitrixResourceBase.java:3686)

  at
com.cloud.hypervisor.xenserver.resource.CitrixResourceBase.execute(CitrixResourceBase.java:1708)

  at
com.cloud.hypervisor.xenserver.resource.CitrixResourceBase.executeRequest(CitrixResourceBase.java:541)

  at
com.cloud.hypervisor.xenserver.resource.XenServer56Resource.executeRequest(XenServer56Resource.java:64)

  at
com.cloud.hypervisor.xenserver.resource.XenServer610Resource.executeRequest(XenServer610Resource.java:87)

  at
com.cloud.hypervisor.xenserver.resource.XenServer620SP1Resource.executeRequest(XenServer620SP1Resource.java:6

  5)

>> at

com.cloud.agent.manager.DirectAgentAttache$Task.runInContext(DirectAgentAttache.java:302)

  at
org.apache.cloudstack.managed.context.ManagedContextRunnable$1.run(ManagedContextRunnable.java:49)

  at
org.apache.cloudstack.managed.context.impl.DefaultManagedContext$1.call(DefaultManagedContext.java:56)

  at
org.apache.cloudstack.managed.context.impl.DefaultManagedContext.callWithContext(DefaultManagedContext.java:1

  03)

>> at

org.apache.cloudstack.managed.context.impl.DefaultManagedContext.runWithContext(DefaultManagedContext.java:53

  )

>> at

org.apache.cloudstack.managed.context.ManagedContextRunnable.run(ManagedContextRunnable.java:46)

  at

>> java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:471)
>> at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:262)
>> at

java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$201(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.j

  ava:178)

>> at

java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:292

  )

>> at

  at

  at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)