cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From "David AmorĂ­n" <david.amo...@adderglobal.com>
Subject GRE Isolation Performance
Date Wed, 04 Nov 2015 11:31:15 GMT
Hi all,
We are working in an environment with CS 4.5.2 / XenServer 6.5 with multiple zones (Spain
and Netherlands) using GRE Isolation and we have some concerns that we would like to share
with you. Basically, we make a CPU benchmark between VLAN isolation and GRE isolation and
the results show us that the consumption of CPU with GRE isolation is too much compared with
VLAN isolation.

Can anyone share with us the experience working with GRE isolation?

We are not sure if this configuration in production will be safe, scalable and with an acceptable
level of performance.

Thanks,

David