cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Suresh Sadhu <Suresh.Sa...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: New Primary Storage marked as not suitable
Date Mon, 16 Nov 2015 04:34:25 GMT
Does the secondary primary storage has enough storage?. I think it showing   warning   as not
suitable because its  volume size may be more(after applying default thin provisioning factor
i.e. multiple by 2) than destination storage but while doing migration it won't check the
storage capacity(that's bug, its known issue)calculation   and initiate the copy  that is
the reason you are able to migrate the volume successfully even though it shows not suitable.

Regards
Sadhu

-----Original Message-----
From: Amir Abbasi [mailto:abbasi@tebyanidc.ir]
Sent: Sunday, November 15, 2015 9:57 PM
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: New Primary Storage marked as not suitable

Hello,

I've added a new Primary storage with tag "PrimaryStorage2" and going to replace it with the
old one with the tag "PrimaryStorage1". Both of them are VMFS and similar, but when I try
to migrate volumes from PrimaryStorage1, the new PrimaryStorage2 has a "not suitable" mark
in pop up window. I moved a test volume and that was ok seemingly. How can I find the reason
of that issue?

Thanks