cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Somesh Naidu <Somesh.Na...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: Restoring Cloudstack DB with Missing /etc/cloudstack/management/key
Date Tue, 03 Nov 2015 22:22:39 GMT
That should be possible. It is not perfectly clear which key is out of sync, but if you are
looking to replace the mgmt secret key located in /etc/cloudstack/management/key then you
only need to replace the new value for property " db.cloud.encrypt.secret" in /etc/cloudstack/management/db.properties.

Regards,
Somesh

-----Original Message-----
From: James Smith [mailto:ciscovillan1234@gmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, November 01, 2015 12:03 PM
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Restoring Cloudstack DB with Missing /etc/cloudstack/management/key

I have a cloudstack management instance I'm trying to restore but didn't
back up the /etc/cloudstack/management/key which encrypts given fields in
the db.  Having restored it I'm getting jaspyr exceptions due to the key
being different, I'd like to override those with newly necrypted values.
Is this possible? Which fields should I look to replace in particular?

Thanks

James