cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Dag Sonstebo <Dag.Sonst...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Re: snapshot.backup.rightafter parameter problem for RBD Storage
Date Fri, 30 Oct 2015 08:22:02 GMT
Hi Özhan,

this is by design, the idea being you take a snapshot which you can then
download if you require (the same goes for templates you create). To allow
downloads the snapshot requires to be accessible from the SSVM, I.e. it
has to be copied to secondary storage.

Regards,
Dag Sonstebo
Cloud Architect

On 29/10/2015, 19:54, "Özhan Rüzgar Karaman" <oruzgarkaraman@gmail.com>
wrote:

>Hi;
>My ACS version is 4.5.2. I am testing snapshot feature of ACS for my
>volumes. I am using Ceph/Rbd as primary storage. I like to get snapshot
>copy of my volume which is at Ceph Storage. ACS takes snapshot
>successfully
>on Ceph Storage but after that it copies snapshot file to Secondary NFS
>Storage.
>
>I find a parameter that disables this copy progress
>like snapshot.backup.rightafter i set it false and restart management
>server but it has no effect and ACS again copies taken snapshot file to
>secondary storage.
>
>I checked Jira and i find that this parameter does not exist any more.
>
>https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-4858
>
>So did anyone find a way to operate this parameter or disable this copy
>snapshot process to secondary storage, it takes too much time and from my
>perspective its unnecessary for me.
>
>I checked mailing list but i could not find any answer so i decided to ask
>mailing list.
>
>Thanks for all replies.
>Özhan

ShapeBlue is a registered trademark.