cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Traiano Welcome <trai...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cloning a VM in CloudStack: Root Disk is 2 disks in an LVM
Date Sat, 24 Oct 2015 12:49:49 GMT
Hi Nux!

On Sat, Oct 24, 2015 at 1:43 PM, Nux! <nux@li.nux.ro> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am afraid you can't do that AFAIK. Cloudstack works with single volumes for operations
such as create volume or template.

Ok, that confirms my understanding based on what I've seen in the interface.

> If I were you I'd try to move that 2x volume installation to a single volume one via
other methods and then make that a template.

I've just downloaded the VM using the interface and it seems to have
come down as a single unified .vhd... So it seems CloudStack does
actually have the ability to do this.

Now what I'm about to do is re-import it as a template and see if that
works ...