cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Giles Sirett <giles.sir...@shapeblue.com>
Subject RE: What is Size of a typical ACS production environment?
Date Wed, 14 Oct 2015 08:42:40 GMT
Hi Rafael

There is a HUGE range out there, any mean-based average would be useless

Theres lots of small hosting providers with 8-16 hosts
Theres quite a few in the 100-500 category

And then a smaller number in the 1000+

Regards

Giles

-----Original Message-----
From: Rafael Weingärtner [mailto:rafaelweingartner@gmail.com]
Sent: 08 October 2015 21:41
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: What is Size of a typical ACS production environment?

Hi folks,

I was looking at the ACS users’ lists (
https://cloudstack.apache.org/users.html), and I got me wondering. What is the average size
of the cloud environment that those companies have?
Does anyone have some ideas on how many hosts might be in an ACS production deployment?

I know that there is a new feature coming (ACS 4.6.0?!) that is meant to generate such report.
Until that feature is ready to be used we will not know that; so, is there someone with an
educated guess about the average size of those environments?

--
Rafael Weingärtner

ShapeBlue is a registered trademark.