cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Andrei Mikhailovsky <and...@arhont.com>
Subject Re: Cloning a VM in CloudStack: Root Disk is 2 disks in an LVM
Date Thu, 22 Oct 2015 10:00:36 GMT
Traiano,

you probably want to export the existing volumes as either a qcow2 or a raw format (depending
on your backend storage and hypervisor). Qemu-img should be able to handle this. Once you
have an exported image you are ready to import it via web gui or manually. There should be
plenty of examples from searching google on how this could be done.

Andrei
----- Original Message -----

From: "Traiano Welcome" <traiano@gmail.com>
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org
Sent: Thursday, 22 October, 2015 10:36:33 AM
Subject: Cloning a VM in CloudStack: Root Disk is 2 disks in an LVM

Hi All

I want to clone a linux vm in CS 4.5 that was imported with 2 VHDs
making up the root LVM volume.

I'd like to clone the VM root FS, but I only see how to clone one
volume at a time via the web interface, when what I'd like is a full
clone of the filesystem onto a single cloudstack volume, so that I can
create a VM template from it.

Many thanks in advance for any help.

Traiano