cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Sebastien Goasguen <run...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: What is Size of a typical ACS production environment?
Date Wed, 14 Oct 2015 11:08:55 GMT
If I had to guess I would say 80/20 applies.

80% of cloudstack deployments < 100 nodes
20% > 100 nodes

There is a long tail..

there is actually research/stats on size of HPC clusters out there, and 80/20 roughly applies
on size of cluster.

> On Oct 14, 2015, at 10:42 AM, Giles Sirett <giles.sirett@shapeblue.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Rafael
>
> There is a HUGE range out there, any mean-based average would be useless
>
> Theres lots of small hosting providers with 8-16 hosts
> Theres quite a few in the 100-500 category
>
> And then a smaller number in the 1000+
>

> Regards
>
> Giles

size of the cloud environment that those companies have?
> Does anyone have some ideas on how many hosts might be in an ACS production deployment?
>
> I know that there is a new feature coming (ACS 4.6.0?!) that is meant to generate such
report.
> Until that feature is ready to be used we will not know that; so, is there someone with
an educated guess about the average size of those environments?

> --
> Rafael Weingärtner

ShapeBlue is a registered trademark.