cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Andrei Mikhailovsky <and...@arhont.com>
Subject Re: poor screen resolution
Date Wed, 07 Oct 2015 10:28:58 GMT
Hi Nux,

Thanks for your comments. The vms are started with default options that cloudstack uses when
it starts guests. Is there a way to append "vga-std" option to a default start options set?
If so, could you please let me know how this could be done?

I will try rdp and see if it works. Last time i've used rdp (probably 3-4 years ago) I've
had a pretty crap experience as everything was way too slow in terms of response times to
clicks, windows moves, etc.

Cheers

----- Original Message -----

From: "Nux!" <nux@li.nux.ro>
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org
Sent: Tuesday, 6 October, 2015 6:31:46 PM
Subject: Re: poor screen resolution

Andrei,

Actually I just deployed a Windows VM and upon connecting to it via RDP, it will use whatever
resolution I tell it to (eg xfreerdp -g 1600x900); I'm sure the Windows/Mac RDP client allows
for this, too.

I have not tried NoMachine or TeamViewer, RDP is your best bet.

The console will allow me (windows 2012r2 guest) to set 1024x768 or 1280x1024 (best).

I think "vga -std" might help with this. Why not submit a feature request?

Nux!
www.nux.ro